Sales Executive - Downtown Toronto
Posting Closing Date:January 4, 2021
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a field sales executive to be primarily responsible for new business development of ETFs and relationship management with key distribution channels in Canada. As a sales executive, you will increase the market share of these products through a targeted consultative sales approach that involves face-to-face meetings, group presentations, and attendance at regional and national industry conferences. This position will be based in the Toronto area and responsible for covering downtown Toronto and other parts of GTA to the North and West
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develops, maintains and broadens relationships with Investment Advisors and Portfolio Managers by thoroughly understanding their business and investment philosophy and dynamics while acting as a trusted adviser/consultant in matching needs with Vanguard products and services.
- Achieves sales and sales activity goals within the spirit of Vanguard's Code of Ethics.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard's ETFs and related services and delivers key Vanguard messages through targeted prospecting activities including but not limited to; cold-calling, direct mail campaigns, face-to-face meetings, client seminars, and attendance at national and regional industry conferences.
- Develops a high level of expertise related to the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a trusted adviser to client and prospective clients, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- CFA or CIM preferred.
- The ability to travel 80%+ mostly local.
- Minimum five years financial services industry and sales experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply: