ETF Operations Analyst
Company:RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM)
RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM) is the asset management division of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and includes money managers BlueBay Asset Management and Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management. RBC GAM is a provider of global investment management services and solutions to institutional, high-net-worth and individual investors through separate accounts, pooled funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, exchange-traded funds and specialty investment strategies. The RBC GAM group of companies manage approximately $460 billion in assets and have approximately 1,400 employees located across Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia.
Job Duration:Full time
Posting Closing Date:December 12, 2020
The ETF Operations Analyst is an integral component of a growing team responsible for performing specialized operational activities in support of RBC Global Asset Management's ETF business and the RBC iShares strategic alliance.
- Daily modelling processes specific to ETFs. This includes Portfolio Composition File ("PCF") model construction, review and submission.
- Daily analysis and review of benchmark index data and files, corporate actions, security pricing, FX rates, accrued interest, dividends and their impact on ETF and PCF files.
- ETF order process activities such as: order receipt and review, order authentication and routing, Treasury Direction processing.
- Communication of creation and redemption orders from designated brokers and underwriters upon receipt to appropriate internal teams.
- Verification of end-of-day ETF NAVPU values and current day/next day PCF files to be sent by valuation agent to designated brokers and underwriters and current day PCF files to be sent for orders receiving value that day.
- Updating ETF reporting (AUM, Tracking Error, Management and Industry Related) as required.
- Assist with reconciliation of ETF positions to custody and valuation systems.
- Communicating professionally and constructively to resolve issues and challenges and identifying and escalating issues appropriately.
- Balancing multiple tasks efficiently despite time and resource constraints and contributing to management reporting as required.
Late morning start and early evening work will be required.
- Successful completion of CSC or experience in Fund Accounting. Strong general knowledge of investment markets and market instruments.
- Superior PC literacy specifically EXCEL spreadsheets, ideally a superior knowledge of macros and Windows applications.
- Ability to rapidly develop a strong understanding of the ETF Industry and ideally some experience within the ETF field.
- Working knowledge of the SS&C PACER (FMC) accounting platform within 3 months - fund accounting platform.
- Proven organizational and time management/multi-tasking skills necessary to meet crucial deadlines.
- Technical knowledge of Thomson and Bloomberg within 3 months
Nice to Have:
- Previous accounting and/or valuation experience an asset.
- Enrollment in CFA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven team work abilities.
How to Apply:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work