Business Development Assistant
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.
The Business Development Assistant will support the internal and external sales executives in new business development, relationship management, and other sales related activities.
- Receives in-bound inquiries via email and phone calls from intermediaries and passes sales leads to responsible sales team when appropriate.
- Assists Internal and External sales executives by performing sales support related activities including fund comparisons, portfolio analytics, coordination and execution of call/direct mail/e-mail campaigns, internal and external marketing campaigns, production of customized prospect/client target lists used in sales process, and all tracking of expected results from these campaigns. Would also be responsible for analytics and ad-hoc reporting in support of the Sales team.
- Responds to inquiries from Internal and External sales executives related to client's general requests, specialized product questions, research competitive information and all sales/marketing materials requests. Coordinates all resources within Vanguard to research, assemble, process, and deliver requested information.
- Assists the sales teams to establish, maintain and update the intermediary business development activities to Siebel system.
- Works with internal Vanguard departments to ensure timely delivery of requests to both FAS personnel and external clients.
- Responds to investor e-mail inquiries submitted to the Canada sales inbox and website.
- Organizes and coordinates all sales events including symposiums, manager roadshows, conferences, branch presentations and cooperative marketing events.
- Supports sales division with all administrative requests.
- Participates in special projects and other assigned duties as needed.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Minimum two years of experience in the financial services industry or 3 years relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills, specifically Microsoft applications, and contact management databases.
How to Apply:
Apply at Vanguard or via LinkedIN.