Fund Operations Associate
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.
Posting Closing Date:August 12, 2019
The Fund Operations Associate will provide support to the Operations team covering a wide range of functions including but not limited to Fund Operations for all Canadian products, Regulatory reporting, Corporate Operations and Client Servicing for Institutional and Retail.
- Support the regulatory reporting process for all Canadian products ensuring accurate and timely reporting is met. Responsible for the successful submission of data and reporting to regulators and appropriate parties. Resolve issues and manage expectations.
- Play a key role in the creation and review of all fund financial reporting -- financial statements, Management Report of Fund Performance (MRFPs) and Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure reports (QPDs) to ensure accuracy, quality and consistency. Collaborate with internal and external business partners to help research inquires and solve issues.
- Partner with shared service teams and external auditors on all fund audits and reviews. Includes but not limited to on-going involvement in audit questionnaires, communication of business updates, fund launches, material changes, subsequent events, and reports all involvement Vanguard Canada has with regulators as required. Play key role in planning of audit schedules and review of cost estimates for budgetary purposes. Coordinate meetings and documentation with auditors to delivery findings to board of directors and executive.
- Coordinate distribution of all investor communications as per regulatory requirements. Manage vendor relationships, collection or transfer of investor data and mailings with third party vendors. Responsible for providing data and reporting to shared service teams for required website reporting and internal distribution.
- Support investor tax reporting requirements, including but not limited to, set up of tax and distribution factors through third party reporting agencies. Assist in ad-hoc tax requests and requirements, as needed.
- Serve as the operations lead for all fund launches. Including, but not limited to, coordinating seed investments to meet legal and regulatory requirements, managing external audit requirements and tax registrations for all funds. Work with internal business partners (Legal & Compliance, Tax, Portfolio Review, Bank Strategy & Relations, and Corporate Finance) and external vendors including auditors and fund service providers as needed.
- Serve as backup and additional resource to the Operations team for client servicing of the institutional business and retail mutual funds. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the function, assist in researching queries, solve issues, preparation of ad-hoc reporting, attend all client pipeline meetings to keep abreast of client base, and activity to provide full coverage and support as needed.
- Support corporate level operations for the Canadian business. Serve as point person for expense payments, vendor relations and participate in the procurement process for various vendors. Coordinate and communicate between internal business partners (Global Accounts Payable, Finance, and Procurement) and external vendors; includes review of contracts and statements of work, as needed.
- Participate in service provider oversight programs, attending bi-weekly meetings with vendors to discuss tracking, issue logs and adherance to service levels. Evaluate service metrics from State Street and CIBC Mellon on a monthly basis with internal business partners to highlight, analyize and resolve issues where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain proficient knowledge of Vanguard funds and services, the overall financial markets, and the related legal, tax and regulatory guidelines. Participate in industry organizations as a committee or working group member (CEFTA Canadian ETF Association, IFIC - Investment Funds Institute of Canada) and attend appropriate forums.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree (accounting or finance preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three to five years financial services experience with at least two years in a relevant role in the financial services industry. Experience in fund financial reporting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills. Ability to work quickly with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent analytical ability, research and time management skill.
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Work, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Strong foundation of mutual fund and ETF industry and basic investment knowledge.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Good team player.
How to Apply:
You can apply through Linked-in or directly with Vaguard at: https://vanguard.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/vanguard_external/job/Toronto-CAN/Fund-Operations-Associate_125046/apply
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.