Senior Investment Strategist
Vanguard, one of the worlds largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.
Posting Closing Date:August 12, 2019
In this role you will perform the ongoing research necessary to support and enhance Vanguard's Investment Methodology, serve as resource for internal investment groups (e.g., Fixed Income, Asset Management and Trust Services), and participate in generating department-initiated topics that will be used by both internal and external clients/prospects. The position will be part of a small group responsible for establishing and maintaining a coordinated investment research effort for Vanguard Canada.
How you'll spend your days:
- Analyzing complex investment research issues by utilizing both internal and external resources. The topics would primarily focus on portfolio construction and investment advice. Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis and offers opinions and recommendations. Prepare written and statistical analyses as needed for clients, prospects, senior management and the media. Includes pros and cons surrounding different portfolio construction options and constructs Vanguard's opinion on subject matter.
- Represents Vanguard Investment Strategy as a (Senior) Investment Strategist and ambassador at high-profile internal and external intermediary events, the financial media, consultants, and clients on all topics related to the body of research that Vanguard's Investment Strategy Group produces. The topics would primarily focus on the practical application of Vanguard's Advisor's Alpha franchise, our market and economic outlook, portfolio construction, active, index, factor, ESG implementation, TRFs, and ETF models. The position will be part of a global team responsible for establishing and maintaining a coordinated global investment strategy and research effort at Vanguard.
- Will participate in managing research budget, which will include a production component. Must be capable of being a significant contributor to enhancing Vanguard's image as an investment "thought leader" in Canada.
- Demonstrates foresight by initiating research projects that will be viewed both internally and externally as enhancing Vanguard's role as an investment leader.
- Participates in the ongoing review and enhancement of Vanguard's investment methodology. Performs detailed methodology audits and makes recommendations on changes.
- Assists in the building and maintenance of on-line research library and instructs internal clients on its use.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PhD and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum eight years business experience including a minimum of five years investment experience with specific responsibility for investment research and/or determining investment policy. Knowledge of capital markets and investment concepts.
- Exceptionally strong technical and analytical skills.
- Exceptionally strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, including broad knowledge of all MS Office software.
Will be asked to submit a writing sample.
How to Apply:
Apply on the Vanguard website (https://vanguard.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/vanguard_external/job/Toronto-CAN/Senior-Investment-Strategist_124694) or though Linked-in.