Vice President, ETF Capital Markets
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate - Twitter: @BlackRockCA. BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Posting Closing Date:December 31, 2021
BlackRock's ETF capital markets team based in Canada is responsible for (i) managing day-to-day relationships with Authorized Dealers and other market participants; (ii) assisting clients efficiently access ETF liquidity; (iii) supporting business development and ETF education through direct client and industry engagement; (iv) oversight of the primary market for all Canadian iShares ETFs: (v) monitoring the secondary market for all Canadian iShares and RBC ETFs; (vi) driving forward enhancements to the ETF trading ecosystem in Canada; and (vii) partnering with other BlackRock teams on new product development, product management, and other strategic initiatives. All members of the Canadian iShares team are expected to bring leadership, energy, creativity and enthusiasm with the willingness to do whatever is required to deliver on our business objectives, operate consistently with the BlackRock principles, and foster a collegial, high performing culture. Reporting to the Head of iShares Canada Product & Markets, this role will focus on differentiating our client experience on the basis of product liquidity and depth of execution expertise & support.
- Assisting both institutional clients and advisors with accessing ETF liquidity on a day-to-day basis and partnering with our sales teams to close business
- Relationship management with ETF market makers, exchanges, and other members of the ETF trading ecosystem
- Working closely with Authorized Dealers, market participants, and BlackRock & RBC GAM stakeholders to maximize secondary market liquidity on iShares and RBC ETFs
- Developing and presenting impactful ETF trading insights and markets content, such as educational materials, liquidity insights, industry & market colour, etc.
- Partnering locally and across the firm to ensuring smooth operation of the primary market for iShares ETFs, including both standard and customized orders
- Oversight and monitoring of secondary market trading in RBC and iShares ETFs, and using BlackRock's global capabilities to do so at scale
- Minimum BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field
- 10+ years of investment related experience
- Direct experience in equity, fixed income, or ETF trading or sales-trading; direct experience with an ETF sponsor or market maker is a plus
- Solid understanding of Canadian equity market structure
- Able to multi-task and work effectively at various levels of an organization
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Experience and knowledge of ETF structure, concepts, and associated regulatory environments
- Highly motivated person with impeccable ethical standards and a client-first attitude
- Experienced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg; knowledge of VBA, Python, and SQL each a plus.
How to Apply:
To apply, please go to:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.