Senior ETF Product Analyst
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $197.6 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child's postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
Posting Closing Date:April 26, 2021
The ETF Department at Mackenzie Investments is currently accepting applications for the position of Senior Product Analyst, ETF.
Reporting to the VP, ETF Product & Strategy, this individual will be responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to idea generation, design and launch of all new ETF products.
- Provide industry analysis, competitor reviews, market trends that effectively provide a succinct perspective to key stakeholders relating to product development initiatives.
- Review external research reports and share findings with internal stakeholders.
- Create presentations for senior management that will facilitate communication and support management decision-making.
- Assist in the construction of business cases for all new product initiatives including analysis of market demand, competitive landscape, vetted sales projections, pricing strategy and projected profitability.
- Assist with coordinating the launch of new ETFs and developing training material for ETFs.
- Analyze and evaluate competitors' investment offerings, market share as well as tracking of product evolution and broad investment industry trends and submit recommendations for improvements.
- Support the business line ETF research agendas to enhance client experience and business results.
- Deliver product support and research for other functions (board reporting, management and other sales/marketing support).
- Contribute to creating and updating product collateral including presentations, product comparisons, marketing materials and other analysis for clients and prospects.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate Mackenzie’s ETF offerings in the context of the existing product strategy and competitive trends.
- Monitor the ongoing distributions process for Mackenzie ETFs.
- Ability to apply analytical methods to facts and hypothesis to provide information in support decision making
- Resourceful and creative in solving new/non-recurring problems through research and well supported analysis and business acumen
Presentation and Communication Skills
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations with clear messaging, supported by sound analysis
- Professional manner in dealing with both internal and external clients
- Articulate in communicating with all levels of management
- Ability to write and present concisely and persuasively
Project Management Skills
- Coordinate resources from across the company in large-scale projects
- Timeline driven and consistently meeting deadlines
- Comfortable with handling multiple concurring problems and priorities
- 2+ years relevant work experience with of increasing experience in a financial services environment (preferably in the investment/asset management industry) with experience in development of research methodology, competitive product and industry level research as well as experience in report-writing and in making presentations.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Finance or related field is required
- Enrollment in the CFA program is an asset.
- Familiarity with the Canadian and global ETF markets is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, e.g. PowerPoint, Excel,Word, Visio, and Outlook.
Values and Personal Attributes
- Analytical, strategic thinker
- Ability to build relationships internally with all levels
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Flexible-comfort managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to implement
- Intellectual rigor
- Team-oriented mindset
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable
- Ability to influence and relate well to all kinds of people
- Energetic, enthusiastic leader
- High integrity
How to Apply:
All resumes should be received by May 7th.