Vice President, ETF Distribution
Dynamic Funds is a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, headquartered in Toronto. Dynamic Funds was established as a small investment club in Montreal in 1957, where it was a pioneer in providing professional investment advice to retail investors. Since then, we have evolved to become one of Canada's most recognized wealth management firms. We offer a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Our financial solutions include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs.
Posting Closing Date:December 18, 2021
The Vice-President, National ETF Specialist will join Canada’s leading mutual fund wholesale team with the responsibility to grow the Dynamic Active ETF range.
In partnership with the Regional Vice Presidents, National Sales and Director, ETF Capital Markets, develop and execute a National ETF business/distribution strategy to increase sales, grow and retain AUM and increase Dynamic's market share in Active ETFs. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Build consultative relationships with the Dynamic Wholesale and Inside Sales Representatives team as National ETF subject matter expert.
- Work closely with Sales Associates, ISRs and Wholesalers to implement regional ETF plans,prospect and maintain existing relationships (including providing ETF guidance and coaching to wholesalers).
- Fully adopt and effectively use Dynamics CRM system to maximize ETF sales results in the territory, including identification and tracking of ETF clients.
- Assist wholesalers in the segmentation of the client base to define the ETF opportunities in their regions.
- Master Dynamic's investment message and adapt to implementation with the Dynamic Active ETF suite.
- Coordinate ETF specific communication to the sales team on behalf of product managers and ETF capital markets for example: ETF Sound bytes, ETF Performance Updates.
- Participates in product development strategy based on knowledge of market needs and competitive intelligence.
- Represent Dynamic at regional ETF events and conferences.
- Consistently improve and develop ETF product knowledge, sales skills and efficiencies with the Dynamic Wholesale and Inside Sales Representatives team.
- Effectively leverage senior management, ETF portfolio management and Product Managers in the sales process.
- Work closely with the National Accounts and Internal Sales Associates to identify and execute on specific firm and advisor initiatives connected to ETFs.
- Participate in national, regional, departmental and project group meetings, sharing feedback and information.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
- MD, Dynamic Funds
- Dotted line to Director, ETF Capital Markets
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a field such as Commerce, Finance, Business Administration
- CSC or IFIC certification
- CFP or CIM; CFA
- Minimum 5+ years of ETF sales experience
- Minimum 5+ years of management experience and managing a territory