Executive Director, Canadian Corporate Tax
Although this role supports our Greater Toronto Area Tax Practice, we will consider candidates across Canada as the successful candidate will be working virtually. Please note that relocation to the GTA will be required in future
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Posting Closing Date:December 4, 2021
As an Executive Director in the Canadian Corporate Tax - Asset Management Digital House practice, you will work closely with the KPMG Leadership team from various functions in a project based environment working with innovative digital tax platforms to deliver comprehensive tax compliance services to the asset management industry. This position provides the opportunity to develop technical expertise in taxation matters impacting investment funds. You will also have the opportunity to work with our tax technology solutions team in developing industry leading applications to facilitate efficiencies and value-add data analytical functionality. You set the standard for staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development.
- An opportunity to lead large sized client compliance engagements.
- Reviewing work for junior staff and managers to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Providing ongoing technical support, coaching and mentoring for the professional development of junior staff and managers.
- Lead technology enabled tax compliance deliverables related to ongoing distribution/allocation calculations for Canadian investment funds across all asset classes.
- Lead technology enabled tax compliance deliverables related to regulatory filing requirements of Canadian investment funds across all asset classes such as T2, T5 slips, T3, T3 slips, T5013, T5013 slips, etc.
- As an Executive Director on the team you will have considerable opportunities to interact with our clients directly and form part of their extended team as you work closely with them.
- You will lead various engagement planning and onboarding efforts in addition to organizing teams to deliver on investment fund tax engagement mandates which span the investment fund’s tax life cycle.
- 10+ years tax experience working in a public accounting firm and or asset management industry
- Professional accounting designation required
- Completed CPA In-Depth Tax Course or Masters of Tax
- Excellent leadership skills in development and execution of strategic objectives and priorities
- People management skills, providing staff with opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research utilizing electronic tax tools
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to implement or enhance processes to help create efficiencies while keeping in mind practicalities and costs
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' businesses
How to Apply:
To apply: Login (icims.com)
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.