- INVEST(in)HER The Smart Financial Advisor's Guide to Winning Female Clients in 6 Easy Steps
August 22nd, 2019
Strategy Marketing has come out with a new book "INVEST(in)HER The Smart Financial Advisor's Guide to Winning Female Clients in 6 Easy Steps".
If you are interested in purchasing it - you can do so on Amazon.
- Year-End 2018 Canada SPIVA: Challenging Three Active versus Passive Misconceptions
July 22nd, 2019
When it comes to investing, market participants often consider past performance to be indicative of future results. The same goes for fund selection. Notwithstanding the evidence showing that most active managers in most regions typically underperformed their benchmarks, consistently beating peers is one way to differentiate a managerīs luck from skill. Here are a few highlights from S&P Global's recently released Persistence Scorecard, which examines the extent to which funds that outperformed their peers maintained their status thereafter.
- 2019 Canadian Financial Security Monitor - Primerica Insights Report
June 8th, 2019
- Your Guide to ETF Investing - Spring 2019
May 27th, 2019
The spring edition of Your Guide to ETF Investing has been published - hope you received your copy.
- CETFA 2019 AGM
May 6th, 2019
CETFA is holding its 2019 AGM on June 25, 2019.
- CETFA Infographic - Core ETF User
April 29th, 2019
CETFA's research last year with CREDO Consulting uncovered some really interesting information regarding the individuals who buy ETFs. Here is an infographic that shows that detail.
- CETFA Infographic - Investors Aged 35-44
April 29th, 2019
Information to assist advisors understand investors between 35 and 44 and why they are interested in ETFs.
- CETFA Infographic - Investors Over 65
April 29th, 2019
We learned in our research with CREDO Consulting last year that investors over 65 were very interested in ETFs. Review this Infographic to understand their motivations.
- Why now? Itīs a synergy of necessity, technology, education and reach
April 17th, 2019
- KPMG's Canadian Asset Management Industry - Opportunities and Risks Survey
April 11th, 2019
The asset management industry, like all industries across financial services, is changing to adapt to customer preferences, digitization, and new and increasing regulatory requirements. KPMG is interested in knowing your outlook for the industry, and which areas you see as the biggest opportunities and risks.
Please take a few minutes to complete this confidential survey.
The survey will close on June 30, 2019, and all responses will be used in aggregate. They will report on the key trends, how market priorities are shifting and evolving, and how this may impact your business, now and in the future.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with them at: email@example.com
- Investment Executive ETF Newsletter
March 13th, 2019
Investment Executive's editorial team recently launched the ETF Newsletter that includes must-read news, analysis and commentary on investing with ETFs. This newsletter is sent once a month, and you'll receive the latest news on this growing industry.
- Ring the Bell For Diveristy
March 8th, 2019
What a great day for the Global ETF industry and the women who work in it
- What To Expect During Tax Season
February 11th, 2019
A great article on what to expect during tax season when you own ETFs.
- CETFA News Release - 2018 in Review
February 11th, 2019
CETFA looks back at 2018 and looks ahead to the new year.
- WisdomTree joins CETFA
January 31st, 2019
The Canadian ETF Association is pleased to announce that WisdomTree Asset Management Canada, Inc. has joined the Association.
- ETFGI Releases its December 2018 Report on the Canadian ETF Market
January 25th, 2019
ETFGI reports ETFs and ETPs listed in Canada gather net inflows of US$1.74 billion during December 2018.
- RBC Global Asset Management and iShares Alliance
January 21st, 2019
- How are ETFs Taxed
January 14th, 2019
A great article contributed by TD on how ETFs are taxed
- Where Active Investing Makes Sense For ETFs
December 17th, 2018
An interesting article by TD Asset Management on cases when Active ETFs make sense.
- A Guide to Strategic-Beta ETFs
November 7th, 2018
A very good article by Manulife on understanding Strategic-Beta ETFs to complement the last Smart Beta article posted.
- What is Smart Beta?
October 30th, 2018
An overview of what Smart Beta is
- Your Guide to ETF Investing - Fall 2018
October 18th, 2018
- Myth: ETFs Never Beat the Market
October 15th, 2018
One of the myths we hear - to counter the argument that a very low percentage of active mutual funds beat the market - is that passive ETFs never beat the index they track because of their management fees. Now with the addition of factor-based and active ETFs - this myth can be busted.
- MFDA Investor Bulletin - Mutual Fund Fees
October 4th, 2018
An easy to read bulletin on the impact of fees on investments.
- The win-win potential of active ETFs
August 23rd, 2018
The best of both worlds - this is possibly the best way to describe active ETFs. Mark Brisley, Managing Director and Head of Dynamic Funds discusses the potential outperformance that active ETFs can offer.
- ETF Myths
July 30th, 2018
A great article by TDAM debunking some of the more common ETF myths.
- Comparing ETFs to Mutual Funds and Stocks and Bonds
May 3rd, 2018
A thoughtful article on the comparison between the products.
- John DeGoey wins the FPSC Donald J. Johnston Award
November 27th, 2017
- S&P Dow Jones Indices Announces Decision on Multi-Class Shares and Voting Rules
November 9th, 2017
S&P Dow Jones Indices announced their decision regarding multi-class shares and voting rules following its consultation which was published on April 3rd.
- Keeping "track" of ETF performance How ETFs attempt to track index performance
October 25th, 2017
How ETFs attempt to track index performance
- Transitioning a Financial Practice from Commission-Based to Fee-Based
October 19th, 2017
John De Goey spoke at the recent S&P Master Class about how he transitioned his clients from commission-based to fee-based. His primary concern noted was the advisor bias caused by commission models in general and embedded compensation structures in particular. He used a simple illustration to demonstrate the point. It revolves around competing value propositions and actual money invested.
- Your Guide to ETF Investing - Fall 2018 Edition
October 10th, 2017
The most recent edition of Your Guide to ETF Investing will be distributed this week
- Debunking the Myths of ETFs
September 7th, 2017