Business Development Manager, PowerShares (Job ID: 20693)
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $858B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of June 30, 2017)
Location:Vancouver, British Columbia
Posting Closing Date:December 12, 2018
The PowerShares Consultant role serves as an integral part of our clients’ overall relationship with PowerShares. This role will be responsible for managing all retail sales activities and opportunity identification within the designated region in partnership with regional sales teams and may be required to cover assigned advisors not generally covered by the sales teams.
- Meets sales goals as defined by Sales and Distribution Management, using activities such as phone contacts, email, conference calls, and face to face meetings as appropriate.
- Responsible for uncovering new PowerShares clients through prospecting and business development activities and transitioning clients to the regional sales teams or retaining clients as needed.
- Delivers presentations to new producers and new prospects on PowerShares products which result in the sales and strengthening of relationship.
- Responsible for consulting and advising with representatives to provide them with strategies to increase their business with clients.
- Answering calls from reps in your territory(s), providing our reps with the highest quality sales and service.
- Must have a high understanding of PowerShares product and ETF industry.
- Creates annual business plans and strategies to uncover, maximize and retain sales in the region.
- Participates in scheduled office visits, seminars, conference calls and other meetings and provides a high level of product expertise
- Enters activity data into salesforce CRM on a regular basis and updates other information as appropriate
- Prepares and presents a monthly regional update to the Manager, Regional Associate on the status of the region
- Completes travel and expense reports and other necessary paperwork on a weekly basis
- Attends company, industry, and other related events as directed
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of the firm and industry including all products and trends in the industry; researches and reads various industry articles.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
3-5 years proven sales experience, with one year in a face-to-face sales role, OR
3+ years’ financial services industry experience preferred or equivalent work experience.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent knowledge and passion for ETF product line
- Develop advanced knowledge of investment products to have thoughtful discussions with an
- extremely sophisticated client base
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- The individual must be highly motivated, flexible, and can work successfully in a fast-paced, team environment
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- CSC required (Note: if not completed at time of hire, must obtain within prescribed period)
- Pursuit of MBA, CFA, CAIA or similar certification an asset
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
How to Apply:
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please visit www.Invesco.ca and
click on the careers tab to apply online