Product Manager, PS Funds and ETFs (Job ID: 19661)
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $830B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of March 31, 2017)
The Product Manager will be responsible for coverage of a group of Invesco Canada’s innovative suite of PowerShares Funds and PowerShares ETFs. The Product Manager does not typically deal with clients directly, but provides communications, analysis and insights to our Sales team for use with clients.
General Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure accurate and consistent fund positioning of the PowerShares products
- Improve competitive positioning and brand penetration of PowerShares products
- Manage product information flow
- Initiate and support product-related sales and marketing efforts
- Fund oversight: monitor the Funds’ tracking to underlying ETFs or indices
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
- Responsible for the integrity and positioning of PowerShares Funds & ETFs
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of all product components – Index composition and methodology, Marketing, Legal, Accounting, Operations, Finance, etc.
- Ensure all product-related marketing and PR materials are consistently and accurately positioned
- Assist Sales with custom proposals for significant business opportunities
- Monitor competitive environment, including performance, rankings, and industry sales flows, to determine opportunities and threats
- Recommend actions needed to maintain and improve our competitive fund positioning
- Work closely with portfolio managers/index providers, market makers, keep current on financial markets and use attribution analysis to understand the funds’ positioning and performance
- Act as product expert within the organization and a consultant with other departments where fund expertise is needed; respond to ad hoc questions
- Communicate relevant/insightful fund information and updates to Sales, Marketing and Client Relations
- Perform comparative analysis between PowerShares products and their competitors and communicate this information to Sales
- Responsible for developing and maintaining product presentations, and other product-related marketing material
- Establish and maintain a regular review of all PowerShares Products, focusing on:
- Performance versus peer group and benchmark
- Tracking of Funds to underlying ETFs or indices
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong PC skills (proficiency with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Morningstar software products, and Zephyr StyleAdvisor is preferred)
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts and styles
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is required
- Completion of CFA program or an MBA is nice to have
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related discipline
- 4-5 years experience in the financial services industry, with at least two years of investments, product management, marketing or sales experience
- ETF experience strongly preferred
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please visit www.Invesco.ca and click on the careers tab to apply online.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.